Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sunday night ramblings..

It's that time of the month again.. no, not that girly kind. The kind where I make lists. :) This list is basically to sum up the last few months of my life - since I've neglected to write anything down for such a long time. So, here goes.. recent happenings in Trina's world:

- I've lost an incredible 30 lbs and counting. Zumba is my friend. I have cut out fried foods and bread. The past few weeks have been harder - I have held steady and not lost any weight, but I'm getting there.

- Holy Canoli! I've joined a church!! Not only have I joined a church - I've also joined the church choir. It is powerful and really good for me.

- I'm still working at Chick-fil-a. No big news there except that I got promoted to kitchen manager. Whoopie. It's chicken. It's not life-altering. But, I love my coworkers and I've come to realize that that is a rare quality in a job and something to be cherished. I've started going out with them about one day a week - bowling, dinner, game nights. They are what I was missing in my last job and I'm proud to know each and every one of them.

- Hubs's music career is taking off quicker than we are prepared for - but it's really really exciting and scary. This time next year could be completely different, and we are ready to open our arms to this change. He deserves a shot at his dream. Don't we all.

- My sister is having TWINS. My niece is having a baby girl, and I am not having any more babies. Ever. :)

Alrighty, I'm done with my list. It was a short one this time - guess there's not a whole lot going on in Trina's world lately. I have no complaints.. and for the first time in about a year, I am not looking for a new job. Guess you could say I'm where I'm supposed to be right now. Hopefully it's just "right now" - as I'm pretty sure selling chicken is not a part of my long-term goal for myself. I am blessed to be able to provide for my family, and I am REALLY blessed to have the family that I have. This is an exciting year for us - I look forward to reading through my old blog entries to see how far we've come. If this isn't "our year" - I'm not sure what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment