Friday, July 1, 2011

Life. Is. Awesome.

Wow. So, at this point in my blogging life.. it's either time to throw this thing away or overhaul it completely. Not sure. For now, I will update...
Since October of 2010 (which is the last time I blogged), so so sooo much has happened (of course. Such is life). One of the main things that happened is that I left my job of three years to go back to my very first job. Why, you may ask... well, many reasons.. but mainly because it was toxic and ugly and well, just plain disheartening every single day. For all you social workers out there - more power to you.. and thank you. So, what job did I go back to? Chick-fil-a. Yes, folks... I went from investigating child sexual abuse cases to serving chicken. And, wow.. what a relief. I'm not sure how long I'm supposed to stay at Chick-fil-a, but I was blessed with the option to go back (when I really didn't deserve it), and has really introduced me to some wonderful people. That was my favorite thing about Chick-fil-a ten years ago, when I started working there. The people. People that aren't infatuated with other peoples' downfalls. People that care about you, not backstab you. People that are NICE. REAL PEOPLE. Can you tell I'm a little bitter about my last job?

So, besides the serious change in the workweek.. Novalee. My beautiful daughter is even more beautiful and ohmygoodness SO smart! She began having conversations with us WAY before she turned two. And now her 2nd birthday is about a month away. She now tells us when she's hungry. And not just hungry.. but she wants specific things.. cheese, broccoli, chicken, turkey, chips, noodles, cookies, ice cream (she is her father's daughter 100%). She also tells us when she wants to play outside, go swimming, take a bath, change her diaper, go to the potty (yay!).. it's just flat amazing. One year ago I couldn't get her to say "mama". It really is the most spectacular part of this world. She loves: (in no particular order) Cinderella, the moon, thunder, swimming, Ernie (from Sesame Street), turkey, popsicles, coloring, jumping on the bed, her brothers, choo choo trains, running in circles, sunglasses, broccoli, her pillow, dogs, juice, and so many other things. And, she'll tell you she loves all of those things, and she'll even tell you she loves you. Now, how's that for an update since October.. when she was just learning to say "no". There have been hundreds of times when she's made me cry and smile at the same time. I could go on and on.. but I'll move along.
Some things really don't change.. and that's plum okay with me. Scott and I celebrated two great years of marriage this year. We even managed to get away to Asheville, NC for one whole day! I would say that it was one of my top 10 days of my life so far. We walked along the artsy city for several hours, stopping at an art fair.. ate fantastic food, went on a boat tour of Lake Lure, and (my favorite) stayed in the most gorgeous hotel that Asheville has to offer.. hot tub in the room, free champagne, valet parking, room service, just gorgeous. We really are meant to be together. I may have screwed up in other departments of my life, but I most surely picked the right person to spend my life with. We are different and so alike. I have been so proud of him lately. I hope he's proud of me. It's hard to be proud of going back to your first job in life.. but I have so many other things to be proud of, that it sort of makes up for that. :)
In just a few days we are taking our first family vacation. That's pretty darn exciting news around here. We don't even know what to do with it. But, until then.. I must go take Novalee outside so that she can wait for her daddy to come home, look for the moon, and follow the fireflies.
Life. Is. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment