Thursday, November 20, 2008

Creepy-Mc.Creepster

So, today..
well.. where should I start? How about the usual... "crap! It's 8:00!"
Late. Again.
Ya know, the norm.
I faught with insurance companies pretty much from 9:00-11:00. That was fun. It was also a first for me. I didn't (and still don't) know any of the "insurance lingo". Such as: "predetermination letter", "medical necessity", or "impacted wisdom tooth EXTRACTION". Well, I do know what an impacted wisdom tooth is because I am currently living with two of them that are lodged under my gums, jabbing at the rest of my teeth with great force. :) It's very pleasant.

Insurance is crap.
I don't think that I need to further that statement. It's pretty self-explanitory.
Insurance is crap.

I also find it somewhat creepy that State Farm and United Health Care both know more about me than I do. I give them my social security number and they pull up my full name, address, cell phone AND work phone numbers, date and place of birth, make and model of the car I drive, license plate #, my credit card #, my parents names, when and where I purchased my vehicle, my estimated life span, hair and eye color, what type of socks I was wearing when I ran that traffic light last Thursday, date of last spagetti dinner consumed, place of employment, job title, the color of my couch, date of last doctors visit, date of next doctors visit, when my tires need rotating, what pharmacy I use, any allergies I have, how many cd's were stolen out of my car a year ago... ect.. ect.. (next time I should totally see if they'll fax me my family tree. I've been wanting to see that thing)

Creep-eeeee.
Seriously, just tell me how much money I do or do not owe you. That's all you really want in the first place, right?

Also, how does one's insurance go up by 20% and yet still reap not one benefit? The only thing they've helped me with is adding another card to my wallet. But it is a great wallet. ;)
A cute little empty one.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, insurance sucks. I hope you are able to get your wisdom teeth taken care of...seriously, when it's a bitch getting them out, but you'll be in a lot less pain for sure! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete