Thursday, October 30, 2008

Home is where they take me....


Posted October 13, 2008

I felt at home this weekend... like I was a part of a family, a unit. We watched a movie in the park, Harry Potter. We planted ourselves on a blanket in Market Square, ate our snacks from our adorable picnic basket, fried chicken and doritos.. yum. We watched a magician tie knots in a rope, make a little noise.. and POOF! the knots disappeared... thoroughly astounding the tiny eyes that watched so closely, including my own. Spencer made me teary-eyed when he jumped on my belly, squeezed me tight, and whispered to me that he loved me too many times. I love them all too many times. We woke up the next morning and made breakfast together; bacon, eggs, cinnamon buns.. mmm.. and headed to a beautiful farm in Wears Valley. We fed apples to horses, trudging around cold creek water, looking for crawfish. We learned a lot about buckeye trees, that I had never known before, and collected bootfulls... just because. We attempted golf in the middle of an open field, watched the kids climb trees, and tossed the football around until the sun was no longer in our eyes. I felt at ease the next day when we sat under a huge tent, watching Spencer and the other kids get their faces painted. It used to be me, jumping on the hay stacks, picking out pumpkins, running through corn mazes. I was sad for about 2 seconds, remembering... until I looked up at Scott. I know that his heart was right where mine was at that very moment. Happiness. I could spend the rest of my life making moments like these. I'm not sad that I don't get to play as much anymore. I get to create happiness for Scott, Cameron, and Spencer for as long as they'll let me. I can't be sad about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment