Thursday, October 30, 2008

Boo Yahoo! Yay House!


Posted October 22, 2008

I think that I'm going to stop using Yahoo. This was the headline this afternoon... Top 10 Worst Halloween Treats.. and #3 said this: CANDY CORN The most polarizing candy of all. The fruitcake of Halloween; it just never goes away. If you love them, fine. But don't subject the rest of us haters to the sickeningly sweet triangle that tastes like neither candy nor corn. Yahoo just dissed the #1 Halloween candy of ALL TIME! Candy corn DOES NOT compare to fruitcake, and I'm pretty disgusted by this comment. So, furthermore, I will begin to request that all of my friends and family steer clear of this Yahoo-debachery. I agree that candy corn does not taste a thing like corn, but SERIOUSLY.. would you want to eat a Butterfinger by that requirement???! Wow. A comment about candy corn just set me off. I guess it's a good sign that the only thing that I have to complain about today is candy. My life is pretty great. haha. I'm just glad that they didn't get into the little candy-corn-like-PUMPKINS.. I love those too. It's a pretty exciting time of year right now.. Halloween is coming up.. I'm planning on being Snow White.. I have the hair cut for it. Maybe I can talk Scott into being one of the seven dwarfs.. hmm.. which one could he be? He's not Grumpy, Dopey, Bashful, Sleepy, Doc, or even Sneezy.. I'd say he would be Happy. :) Anyways.. I like this time of year - Candy Corn and ALL!

Scott and I have moved into our house. It's a little saw-dusty and unfinished.. but to us, it's perfect. The kitchen shelves are stocked with plastic cups, beans, and a jar of peanut butter... meanwhile we haven't quite found a refridgerator yet. The living room is scattered with furniture, boxes, and piles of plywood. Scott spent all of last night emptying the trailer and cleaning up the garage. It looks sooo much better. But the bathroom is still under construction.. which has to be the most inconvenient. Yesterday I reached for my mascara and picked up a screwdriver... that would have hurt. Our first and only meal in the house was Taco Bell. I'm not complaining.. it was most definately better than MY cooking would have been. Our pumpkins are out on the front porch, waiting to be carved... did I mention that I love this time of year? So, basically, our house is coming together nicely. It won't be long, and it will truely feel like our home. We still have woken up blissfully happy every single morning, and gone to bed just the same every single night. I am so blessed to be where I am... and I want to stay that way forever.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, yeah, no more yahoo! I lovelovelove blogger! Stay here! I had to sign up for yahoo just to comment on your site. Love you, Chickie!

    ReplyDelete