Friday, July 17, 2009

Bookin' it

I've been a stellar reader lately. BOOKS! I found my home at the public library and I've dived head first into reading. Okay, so I've only finished 2 books - but that's some sort of record for me and I'm proud of myself. I started by reading "Still life with Woodpecker" by freaky, quirky, genius Tom Robbins... and then went the cheesy route with "A Walk to Remember". (the book is 100 times better than the movie by the way) And now I'm onto "The Color Purple". I have honestly no clue what this book is about, as I've lived under a rock for quite sometime now.. so don't spoil it for me.

But what I'm really needing right now is some book advice. Anyone read a good book lately?? I just need another excuse to go to the library. (yah, I'm that nerdy)

Thanks bookworms!
:)

5 comments:

  1. Hmm, not sure what kind of books you like but- Look up the author Libba Bray. She has a fun series that I couldn't put down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are some of my favorite authors:

    Jodi Picoult
    Nicholas Sparks
    John Grisham
    Jan Evanovich
    Beverly Lewis
    Phillipa Gregory

    If you like the Vampire thing Twilight was good and Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse series was good too.

    Other books that I loved (and am too lazy to to look up the authors) were:

    The Time Travelers Wife
    Water for Elephants
    The Memory Keeper's Daughter
    Secret Lives of Bees

    I love to read and have read a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever read "Night" by Elie Wiesel? It's real short, easy, and by far, the most moving book I've ever read.

    A much less grim book that I read recently and liked was "The Hunger Games" -- I'd suggest that one, plus, its sequel comes out in September, so if you finish it and like it, you don't have to wait long for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. I have such a long list to share but will give you a few highlights: The Book Thief. Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister. Lovely Bones (older). Love in the Time of Cholera. Holly. Liars Club. Painted House. Charms for an Easy Life. Bastard out of Carolina. Before Women had Wings...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Life of Pi
    The Poisonwood Bible
    Running with Scissors
    The Curious Tale of the Dog in the Nighttime (or something like that)...
    Roots, then Queen (or Queenie..I forget, but by Alex Haley)...ridiculously fantastic reading!!
    That's a great start!!

    ReplyDelete