Friday, June 19, 2009

Say it ain't so!

Gosh, I love winning things. Like the time when I found $1 under my tire while pumping gas.. I took that dollar and bought a lottery ticket (on the very first day that Tennessee started a Lottery, I might add) and I won fifty bucks. It was a wonderful investment. I think I then, instead of getting my usual $5 in gas - I actually filled her up! (this has not happened since then) I enjoy winning so much that most of the boardgames that we played while I was growing up were titled "Trina Wins", because of my slightly, no freakishly heightened competitive nature. Winning stuff rocks, which is why I was so udderly thrilled when I received THIS: (From Blogger-extraordinaire: Sunshine Meg) While I'm thrilled at the idea of blog awards.. I do think that they involve too many rules. Winning is fun. Rules - no fun. Oh well, I'll deal.
The rules consist of: "This award is bestowed on to blogs that are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."

Wait, first of all - What does "self-aggrandizement" mean? It says that I'm not supposed to be interested in self-aggrandizement.... but am I? I have no idea. Good thing you don't have to have an insane vocabulary to win these things.

Anywhooo... the 8 people that will be blessed with being a "winner" for a day are:

1. Doodles of a journo - entertaining, smart - an all-around good person. I like that.

2. Trippin through life - reminds me of myself - which is great because well, I'm great.

3. Say Anything - I'm a new follower to this blog, but she makes me laugh already. Her pictures are great, and well, I don't think she has this award yet.. so ta-da!

4. Classy in Philadelphia - I just wanna BE her. (who is currently traveling through Europe)

Wow. I surrender at 4 blogs. I broke the rules - whatcha gonna do about it! Huh!?! Okay, but seriously though.. I just don't have the energy this morning to pass this along to 4 more people. My sleep patterns have been a little screwy this week - and well, I'm flippin exhausted and ready for the weekend with my boys.

It's time to comic-surf now. Be prepared for laughter.........

4 comments:

  1. Um...hello...I'm great...your great...we are both pretty effin' Fantastic!!!!! Thanks for the award...lovin' it!! I might be a rebel like you and put 4 blogs. You might have just switched up this whole award..4 is so much better then 8 anyways!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your right rules are no fun.

    That's why they're meant to broken. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah, I totally agree about the rules thing. Maybe we should come up with own award with no rules! Now isn't that the way an award should be?! Happy weekend friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!

    You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete