Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Tennessee Snow Day

WAAAHOOO to my glorious (unexpected) 4 day weekend! It was fantastic for sure. But, also, depressing.. realizing that I would one day have to return to work.. :(
Annnddd.. here I am. It's sort of a YAY! BOO! moment. Yay! Sleeping in everyday! Boo! Must to laundry to prepare for the inevidable work week. Oh well. Such is life.

Furthermore, I will be sending a request in to my boss that from now on, every weekend shall be either a 3 or 4 day weekend. Capeesh?! I don't see a problem in that.

Oh yes, Thank you, snow, for "covering" our driveway Tuesday morning. (providing me with my 4th and final day off)

Definition of a Tennessee Snowday: 1. A light sprinkling: sidewalks covered with a dusting of new snow. 2. a sudden overwhelming fear, with or without cause, that produces hysterical or irrational behavior, and that often spreads quickly through a group of persons or animals. 3.having a temperature outside lower than the normal temperature of the human body 4. when roads are not slippery

I still remember being in Northern Virginia, in mid-winter, watching the trucks push 2-3 feet of snow to the shoulder, while rush-hour traffic is trying to get to work. D.C stops for NOTHING!! Tennessee stops just because. I think we stop everything just so we can watch the snow all day, because it's such a rarity. (and by "snow all day", I mean, a light sprinkle of half-rain-half-snow-half-sunshine) Either way, I'm proud to live in a state where they're not afraid to let us relax for a day or two.. watch a movie, sleep in, and eat bowls of chili. OH, and give us time to witness a historical inauguration of our 44th President. Tennessee, you officially rock. (except for that time you slipped up and forgot to shut down during that black-ice storm last year.. but I'll forgive you.. eventually) (plus it was somewhat entertaining to watch the parallel-parked cars all slide into eachother like bumpercars) (and no, I'm not cruel. And yes, if it were MY car.. it wouldn't have been so funny. But, you definately weren't there, it WASN'T my car, and it was.. very, very funny)

3 comments:

  1. I am so jealous! Where is OUR snow?! Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. come to canada if you want snow...ontario to be exact. we have enough right now for all of tennessee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny to live in states (or areas of states) that go into panic mode when snow starts falling. You'd think they'd be a bit more prepared!

    ReplyDelete