Thursday, October 30, 2008

Welcome Home...


Posted August 20, 2008

I am officially a "home-renter". Yup. That's me. It's strange how someone can be "on there own" for seven years and never truely have lived by themselves. I used to think that I was Miss. Independent. I'm rapidly learning that I have no clue what that is. I'm figuring out that "independence" doesn't only mean paying bills, working the 8-5 shift, doing laundry.. ect. I'm pretty sure it means - Able to entertain oneself without the presence of another human being. Being able to stand on your own two feet, and say that you're comfortable being all by yourself. Yes, I can keep myself occupied long enough to clear up any insanity.. but I'm really not sure what I'm supposed to do with myself after that. I wish that I would have tried this living alone thing before, because technically I've been a home-renter now for 4 or 5 days, and have not managed to spend one night there alone. I should try that, huh? Maybe. We'll see. Either way I look at it, I'm proud of myself. And I do believe I should probably give myself some sort of pat on the back...

No comments:

Post a Comment